The League's vision is best captured in a quote from President John F. Kennedy
The Humanitarian League, originally called the Humane Education League, was founded in 1960 by Ethel Palmer in Ft. Mitchell, Kentucky. Palmer believed that teaching children to be kind and compassionate created a more peaceful world.
Teaching universal kindness and compassion for all living creatures is still the heart and soul of the league today--now under the direction of Palmer’s daughter Jan Malley.
The Humanitarian League provides financial assistance for small to medium sized non-profit organizations in the Northern Kentucky and Greater Cincinnati area. The league chooses organizations that serve the helpless, voiceless, and those that rely heavily on volunteers. The league’s current list of supported charities include:
- CASA - Court Appointed Special Advocates in Kenton County
- Kenton County Shelter – Pet Rescue
- Milestone – Therapeutic Program for Special Needs Children
- Northern Kentucky Tails – Cat and Dog Rescue
- Potter’s Ranch – Therapeutic Equine Program for Children
The Humanitarian League is an all-volunteer 501 (c)(3) organization.
VOLUNTEER CONTACT FORM